Downtowns Canada is a national coalition of the International Downtown Association that represents organizations across the country who manage Canada’s business districts.
We believe Canadian business neighbourhoods and city cores vary in form and size, and yet across the country they play a vital role in the nation’s identity and key centres of economic wealth.
The goal of Downtowns Canada is to unite Canada and lay the foundation of the coalition’s Canadian advocacy and research efforts.
- local business improvement areas/districts (BIAs/BIDs)
- municipal, provincial and federal governments and associations
- business associations with a focus on urban areas
- related groups and individuals with expertise in the areas of economic development, housing, mental health, social policy and municipal infrastructure and funding
Our Downtown’s Declaration outlines key policies and strategies to focus on as we advocate for effectively policy and investment in our districts.
The declaration focuses on four key areas:
(1) National Infrastructure/Reinvestment
(2) National Social Justice Policy
(3) National Affordable & Social Housing
(4) Economic Development